Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Mini will not switch off...
Mini will not switch off...

3677 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-04-22 15:06:34

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    tambo
    2015-04-21 13:38:54

Updated my maxisys mini today and after doing so the machine is stuck on.

Does anyone know if there is a factory reset button ?

•   Level 3   
    (91) points
    tambo
    2015-04-21 14:02:54 (Reply to:tambo)

I pressed the on/off button for 30 secs and it switched off.

Now all seams ok.

•   Level 6   
    (707) points
    hefaus

2015-04-21 14:05:48 (Reply to:tambo)

Yes there is a reset button but that will wipe your tablet clean. Its in settings then Backup and reset. Dont do this if you have a expired registration. I did mine once and after that you have to fo to System update  the one with the down arrow then do check  for update then after that select downloads when all that is finished you then go to Data Manager select Apps and install whatever you need . After that it will be fresh and new. By the way. Some save there previous to a PC so they can save there older Vehicle Icon's Look on previous posts on how to save your older vehicle system and versions. Its always a good idea to save them (the vehicles) if something happens to mess up. Hope this helps. Regards Austin

•   Level 6   
    (707) points
    hefaus

2015-04-21 14:07:43 (Reply to:tambo)

That could be it as well. Some on buttons take awhile to do a shut down sequence...its a learning experience for sure but a great scanner. I have the MS 908. Keep smiling

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2015-04-22 04:52:06 (Reply to:tambo)

May I have some details about the problem " the machine is stuck on"? That means it cannot be switched on? Or it just hangs often? If you can go to System settings, you can do factory reset there. 

•   Level 3   
    (72) points
    crclark

2015-04-22 15:06:34 (Reply to:Autel Support)

I've also had situations where the tablet has soft keys that become unresponsive, its a
    thermal issue with the touch screen. You may noitce after you've used your tablet in a
    warm environment and the back of the tablet is hot some buttons may become
    unresponsive including the shutdown soft button. It happens to me quite often. I just
    cool the tablet down and everthing starts working again.
  Total1 Pages